The Hawkesbury River Yacht Club sails from Brooklyn, north of Sydney, on the beautiful waters of Broken Bay.
The HRYC fleet currently comprises yachts ranging from 6 to 13 metres in overall length, but we also welcome trailer sailers and sports yachts. Our calendar of events includes round-the-buoys racing and social sailing activities.
The club’s history reaches back to 1992. Until 2012, the Club’s home base was a restored naval munitions barge floating off Parsley Bay, close to where most of our yachts are moored. This floating clubhouse is still located at Parsley Bay, but no longer belongs to the Club. The membership of the club ranges form experienced sailors to beginners. All are welcome.
THE CLUB'S RACING CALENDAR IS YEAR ROUND AND CONSISTS OF:
- Passage Series of races held on the first Saturday of the month
- Windward-Leeward Series of races held on the third Saturday of the month
- Midweek Social Sail and Raft-up on the last Wednesday of the month.
The club also conducts special trophy races:
- Three short Sprint Series races
- Three Island Race
- Crews' Race
- Rhumb Race
- The Broken Bay Interclub Challenge (a four-race series held between the RMYC, Avalon Sailing Club, Palm Beach Yacht Club and Gosford Sailing Club).
All races are run around laid and permanent marks in Hawkesbury River, Cowan Creek, Broken Bay and Pittwater. The Windward-Leeward and Passage Series races normally last 2-4 hours - with the inter-club and special trophy races taking longer.
Each race day is usually followed by a get-together at the Angler’s Rest Hotel, Brooklyn. We have a varied social program which includes Twilight Sailing and BBQ's during the summer months, and additional events at member's homes during various times of the year.